Feb 5, 2020
In this episode, Daniel Negreanu, poker legend, 6-time WSOP
bracelet holder and 2-time WPT champion, shares how poker is
getting harder – but easier than ever before to learn. He reveals
his biggest mistakes, candid reflections, and honest observations
about poor bankroll management, distractions, and the response to
uneven playing fields in poker.
Listen in to hear how Daniel has been boosting his health,
improving his relationship, building his business, and expanding
his mind – and how this balance has got him feeling better than
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:00 – 01:00 - Introducing Daniel Negreanu, a Canadian
professional poker player who has won six WSOP bracelets and two
WPT championship titles.
- 01:00 – 08:00 - Poker news, tournament results, industry news,
live poker results, changes in the poker world due to the
Coronavirus, and exciting partypoker LIVE and KO series
- 08:00 – 12:30 – Interview Start: Daniel on the poker dream
being alive, how people play differently today, and the new tools
available for learning and improving.
- 12:30 – 17:30 - The inspiration and intention behind
MasterClass, the biggest mistakes people make, and Daniel’s advice
for people wanting to reach their poker goals.
- 17:30 – 37:15 - Daniel’s major mistakes, reflections on how the
game has changed, how he would manage his bankroll, and what he
likes about GGPoker.
- 37:15 – 46:00 - On the different games, bots, regulation
issues, and the three components of a successful poker
- 46:00 – 52:00 - On the issues in poker for recreational
players, the trend towards no-pro games, mindfulness around game
selection, and the distraction of online chats.
- 52:00 – 57:00 - Privatized tournaments, creating an even
playing field, and how he’s been building his business, improving
his relationship and boosting his health.
- 57:00 – 01:07:00 - On his relationship with his wife, his
future plans, and some tips for attaining success in your own life
through continued education and meditation.
3 Key Points
- Write out a plan and be clear on your goals.
- Track your results and be realistic; treat it like a
- Don’t get distracted by drama and negativity online.